Reach Your Health & Fitness Goals with Arvada’s CrossFit LTP!
You won’t find any gimmicks or trendy training programs here. Just proven methods of getting people into the best shape of their lives. We know how to change peoples lives; it’s what we do every day.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a core strength and conditioning program. We have designed our program to elicit as broad an adaptational response as possible. CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.
The CrossFit Program was developed to enhance an individual’s competency at all physical tasks. Our athletes are trained to perform successfully at multiple, diverse, and randomized physical challenges. This fitness is demanded of military and police personnel, firefighters, and many sports requiring total or complete physical prowess. CrossFit has proven effective in these arenas.
CrossFit Training FAQ
What is CrossFit all about?
Here’s the quick answer: CrossFit is a high-intensity, focused and fun group training program that delivers greater results in less time.
CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. The CrossFit Program was developed to enhance an individual’s competency at all physical tasks. Our athletes are trained to perform successfully at multiple, diverse, and randomized physical challenges.
Aside from the breadth or totality of fitness the CrossFit Program seeks, our program is distinctive, if not unique, in its focus on maximizing neuroendocrine response, developing power, cross-training with multiple training modalities, constant training and practice with functional movements, and the development of successful diet strategies. Our athletes are trained to bike, run, swim, and row at short, middle, and long distances guaranteeing exposure and competency in each of the three main metabolic pathways.
We train our athletes in gymnastics from rudimentary to advanced movements garnering great capacity at controlling the body both dynamically and statically while maximizing strength to weight ratio and flexibility. We also place a heavy emphasis on Olympic Weightlifting having seen this sport’s unique ability to develop an athletes’ explosive power, control of external objects, and mastery of critical motor recruitment patterns. And finally we encourage and assist our athletes to explore a variety of sports as a vehicle to express and apply their fitness.
So what does that look like?
- Individualized Training Plan: How many times have you finished a workout and felt like it wasn’t challenging enough? Or, do your joints feel pretty beat up following an intense workout? The problem is pretty simple: you’re not following a training plan that was put together for you, your ability level, your work capacity and movement quality. We fix this problem by providing you with an individualized training plan and two levels of programming that will act as a road map for the duration of your training with us.
- High-Intensity, Time Efficient, Focused Training Sessions: Research has proven that training for short periods at or near maximum effort is far more effective at boosting metabolism and improving health and performance. High intensity workouts are time efficient and a lot more fun than slogging away on an elliptical for 60 minutes.
- Constantly Varied Workouts: Over the course of your training, you’ll be challenged by workouts that are comprised of functional movements (squatting, lifting, running, pushing, etc) put together in as many unique combinations as creativity will allow. No two days are the same (save for Testing days). You may be pushing a sled and jumping on boxes one day, and then the next day using Kettlebells and rowers to challenge your endurance and mental toughness.
Who is CrossFit for?
The CrossFit training program is for active adults who are serious about getting into the best shape of their life.
How Is CrossFit Different Than Adult Performance?
There WILL be Olympic Lifting (snatches, cleans and jerks), gymnastics (muscle ups, kipping pull ups, handstand push ups, etc), and the workouts ARE scored and recorded on the whiteboard everyday. In addition to these differences, we will also spend a little more time in our warm up focusing on improving our joint mobility & soft tissue so we can maximize our positioning and movement for the WOD.
CrossFit is focused on maximizing a persons potential in all aspects of their fitness – strength, cardiovascular endurance, respiratory endurance, power, speed, stamina, flexibility, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy.
By using constantly varied, functional movements executed at high intensity, we can improve the physical fitness in everyone from elite athletes to sedentary office workers, kids to seniors. CrossFit is a broad and inclusive program encompassing weightlifting, body weight exercises, rowing, running, pushing, pulling, climbing and more!
Please understand that CrossFit is not for everyone.
There will be no text messaging while walking on a treadmill here. We’ve discover that people who achieve the best results are the ones who stay committed to the program, attend the sessions with consistency, give their best day in and day out without the fear of failure, and are eager for a challenge. The workouts scale to all ability levels, which means that a new participant and a CrossFit veteran can complete the same workout with changes in load and intensity.
CrossFit workouts will deliver phenomenal fitness in and of themselves or as a compliment to your sport-specific training regime. All workouts will be recorded and we will track progress and fitness gains.
Click here to learn more about the CrossFit training methodology.
You have 3 options to get into this class:
- Complete the Foundations program (recommended)
- Complete the Fast Track program
- Test Out with a coach